Earning While Learning/Series/Part-01
After Class 12, students find themselves standing at crossroads to choose a career among myriad choices available.
We are starting this series called “Earning while Learning” with the intention of collecting the details of various career programs where economically backward students can earn stipend/salary while studying.
Firstly, HCL Technologies, the well-known I.T. Company in India, has initiated an amazing program called HCL TechBee for poor and brilliant students from rural areas or small towns (Tier-2 & Tier-3 towns) in India who have completed Intermediate and willing to study degree while earning stipend/salary.
We bring you the details in this first part.
What are tier-2 and tier-3 towns in India?
As per the Indian government statistics:
- Tier-2 cities have population ranging from 50,000 – 100,000.
- Tier 3 cities have population ranging from 20,000 – 50,000.
The TechBee Program began in 2017 with a batch of 80.
Over the next few years, HCL fine-tuned the program and took in as many as 4,000 class-12 pass students into the program in 2021. And in 2022 it has been raised to 8,000.
Today, the trained TechBees are being deployed on internal programs as cloud engineers, digital engineers.
Key Features of TechBee Program:
- It is a full time job program after completing Class XII for IT level entry jobs.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo 12 months training.
- The candidate will get an undergraduate degree from BITS PILANI, Amity University Online or SASTRA University as a part of the program.
- Candidate will get practical, hands-on training in the IT world.
- The selected candidate will STAY AHEAD of the competition with 4 years of work experience right after Class XII.
- A stipend of INR 10,000 during the internship is provided.
- A salary of INR 1.70-2.20 lakhs per annum upon starting full-time job with HCL.
- Candidate should be a Resident of India
- Passing of Class 12 with a minimum 60% marks.
- Mathematics or Business mathematics must be a subject in Intermediate Board Exams with minimum 60% marks.
- Age criteria should be fulfilled by the HCL‘s specified date of the birth range given in the online registration form.
There are three easy steps:
- Registration – Visit the HCL website Home Page (Link is given below):
- Fill the complete application form and register.
(Direct Link is given below)
After registration the candidate will receive a verification email to his/her inbox. Then the candidate has to activate the account by clicking the Activate Link provided in the mail at the position “here”.
- HCL CAT Test in English language. (No Fees to pay).
A basic Career Aptitude Test consisting of quantitative, logical reasoning and language abilities.
A face-to-face interaction with HCL selection committee to prove your mettle.
- A Letter of Interest/Offer Letter is issued for the selected candidates.
The selected candidates will receive a hybrid model training i.e. online and classroom model training for 1 year at assigned training centres that are Noida, Bangalore, Lucknow, Nagpur, Chennai, Madurai, and Vijayawada.
- Hostel facilities can be availed but not mandatory.
Placement / Jobs after Training:
Candidate will be placed in IT engineer job –development / testing / support roles.
Night shifts may be there.
Maybe placed in any location.
After the successful completion of the program, candidates will get:
- A job with HCL as a developer/tester/support/maintenance executive at HCL Technologies.
- Get relevant Job certifications from the best-in-class training center.
- Health and life insurance benefits.
- Opportunity to pursue work integrated higher education from BITS Pilani, Amity University Online or SASTRA University.
- All others benefit that a regular employee gets post-employment.
Program Fee & Loan Assistance:
Financial Assistance in the form of bank loan is available.
- So, in short, this HCL TechBee program is a golden opportunity for intelligent (10+2) Inter passed students who come from lower income classes in India.
- The relevant links are again given below for the eligible candidates to apply.
- So register on HCL website and try your luck.
Home Page Link:
Registration Page Link: